Sunday, August 3, 2008

I Can Feel It!- De-baptismal


This is a bit late, but I was recently de-baptized! The high priests assured me, and that because I was never baptized to begin with this one is preventive or "prophylactic," as they put it. I blindly take their word for it.

The prophylactic effects could be felt deep inside.


The Omnipresent Atheists based in Columbus, Ohio hosted an Atheist Coming Out party. It was a big pot luck in a park setting, with beautiful weather, and even a few "protesters" holding signs about how letting God in our lives would help us or something. I actually listened to one of them having interesting and respectful conversations with several atheists. He let his young 7-8 year old son attempt to debate with several adult atheists all at once, which I respect.

The de-baptism was complete with robes, a staff, and a lot of Latin sounding mumbo jumbo. Ed Kagin was the hilarious Master of Ceremonies. Almost everyone in the hall enthusiastically waited for their turn to have their baptism blow dried away. Here is a great video of a small child (obviously participating against her will :) ) as reported on the Friendly Atheist blog of speaker Hemant Mehta:






Edwin Kagen, of the American Atheists and founder of Camp Quest donning his magical robes.

Alter boys and girls prepare the body (triscuits with honey and peanut butter) and blood (root beer).


A Cleveland Freethinker member is overcome by the blow dryer of Truth and Reason.
(The Cleveland Freethinkers have a great write up of this event.)

No comments: