Thursday, December 27, 2007

Post Christmas Satisfaction

I finally finished up my tree, including a sun on top to symbolize the return of daylight, a purple dinosaur, and some monkeys. For each of my cats I hung a black cat decorated with colored glitter and a stocking with their names in more glitter. In memory of my cat who died in 2006 at the age of almost 21 years old, and "Moses," the cat I had cremated, I hung two angel cat ornaments, and two ornaments containing their pictures (Moses' picture being my drawing of what he may have looked like.)

I really tried to get the room lights to look less like a lazy college student's mood lighting, but I had trouble getting the clips to work. Nevertheless, I am very proud. My first tree was a real one I got at the last minute. All that was left was a rather huge tree, even after they sawed much of it off. I had a hell of a time getting it home in the trunk of my car. My boyfriend had the flu, so I had to drag it in and put it up myself. I got it into the feeble stand, but then I faced the task of holding up the giant tree with one arm as I found just the right combination of tightening and loosening of each of the three treacherous tree screws. No matter what I did, it remained at a 45 degree angle all week.

The next attempt was a very old artificial one my dad got out of the trash or something. It took so long to put together, I barely got any ornaments on. First you had to sort all the branches according to size, and then you had to force them into this green wooden pole. Then I realized that for a tree that large, you really need more than one set of each garland, so I tried to spread the two different ones out as much as possible. It was pretty sad.

I spent Christmas Eve with extended family. I was in charge of the Christmas music and my aunt noticed there was a lot more choir music and Brian Setzer Orchestra and a lot less Trans Siberian Orchestra compared to last year when my brother was in charge. I got lots of great gifts, and I will share one of them below.

It's going to be difficult getting back into my old routine of writing, exercise and no crap food. Wish me luck!

My solar tree topper


Dinosaur, suns, picture frame, stocking and more.


Angel Cat with wings and halo in honor of the deceased.


Kitty-Cat playing with stocking that
held her cat nip toy for a few days.


One of my great presents!

Hope everyone is having fun this month!

No comments: