Monday, April 28, 2008

Brooding Nostalia Junkie Self-Absorption

Despite my best efforts, an occasionaly embarassingly exposed entry makes it past my better judgment. I've decided over and over to delete them later and never do.


So once again I will subject you to one of my moods. I was listening to one of my sampler CDs and got caught up in one of the best kinds of depressing songs- the haunting nostalgic kind. I have wide taste in music. Anything from desperate, to regretful, to detatched, to forelorn, to heartbroken, to mired in existensial capitulation. Did I tell you I once dated a guy with a radio show called, "The Art of Lonliness"?


Here is the song that got me ruminating again:





And now I will go through my many playlists of rumination and pick a couple other favorites for a long car ride on a dark cloudy day. Through South Dakota. On the way to a funeral. Or something.


Hang on to your anti-depressants. (Humor me.)


From kathleenedwards.com: Away


Youth Group- Daisychains





Red House Painters- Katy Song





Sufjan Stevens- The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us!





And one of the most interesting artists I discovered a couple of years ago, Ane Brun.


My Lover Will Go (sadly poor quality) (but hey, I found I can buy DRM free songs at her site)










No comments: